The Australian Sjögren's Syndrome Association
1,729 members • 529 posts

Red bumps on hands

Red bumps on hands

Hi 👋

Does anyone else get red bumps on the backs of your knuckles and fingers, I assume it's an autoimmune thing ( I have had primary sjorgrens for 8 years), there quite painful sometimes especially if you knock the ones on your knuckles, have attached a photo, excuse my hands. Thank you in advance 😊 I also have raynauds

8 Replies
oldest • newest

Perfectly lovely hands!!

The 'bumps' I get are somewhat different to that, less defined. Mine are Psoriasis, another autoimmune condition which has developed since I got Sjögren's, so I can't really help you Shoad. However we do get strange things with these autoimmune conditions.

Hopefully someone else will chime in with recognition of what you have!

1 like

Thank you for your comment Megansheart, yes I think your probably right we do have to put up with strange things, wishing you well x

1 like

Shoad,

I’m so happy I came across your post. I started getting the same painful red bumps on my fingers back in 2010 and no one knew what they were. In 2012 I was diagnosed with SLE and Sjögrens. The bumps are very intermittent and come and go as they please. I’ve gone years at times with out seeing this. Interestingly enough though I just went through a Lupus flare up. And while that got better with prednisone, the skögrens stuff is still bothering me. Dry eye, dry mouth, and now these bumps are back.

I know it sounds totally insane but no doctor seems to believe them when I tell Them that some of these symptoms rear their ugly head when I am a week out from starting my period and then ca down once I start. Clearly there is a hormonal factor associated with autoimmune disorders.... but hey what do I know... I’m just a critical care nurse 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Frustrating to say the least. Thank you for sharing

2 likes

Hi Shoad👋

I have Erythema Nodosum. It causes red swellings that are painful. They are autoimmune related. I have gotten them on my legs and feet age 18. Now I get them hands & forearms too. Maybe this info will help...hope so. Best wishes🦋

I have never heard of that honeybug I will look it up, I only seem to get it on my knuckles and fingers, thank you for your reply x

1 like

Hello Shoad.Truly grateful to see your post as I get similar on my hands and like you they can become painful and yes have Raynauds as well as SS and Fibromyalgia etc. My GP always says ummmm must SS related. Will be interested in your feedback and others.

1 like

My hands are badly affected with skin cancers but these spots stand out

1 like

Shoad, agree with hormonal links with autoimmune disorders as well as dietary links. There will probably be fluid under those bumps as in eczema.

1 like

You may also like...