Sickle Cell Society
1,382 members315 posts

I'm a sickle cell. How can I get rid of my yellow eyes

Hi, I am 21 years of age. And from African.

I have sickle cell. And the only symptoms I am having is my very yellowish eyes.

I hardly have crisis...

I guess am very lucky.

But I need solutions on how to get rid of my yellow eyes...even if I don't attain white eyes. I just don't want it to be too yellowish.

Am close to 6ft tall and a slim guy.

am always shy when talking to someone because of my yellow eyes.

am always on dark shades.

Any solutions.

Thank you

11 Replies
oldestnewest

The whites of your eyes are yellow because of the blood condition that you have. Only a doctor can tell you how to minimize. That condition. Maybe there are vitamins you can take. Talk to your doctor before taking anything, Please!!

2 likes

You are blessed if you only have yellow eye whites and few crisis. Drinking plenty of water can't hurt you.

2 likes

Really, think you need to see Dr. sounds like you are jaundice which is deposition of bilirubin, a pigment generated from the breakdown of hemoglobin. You need BLOOD TRANSFUSION

1 like

I completely relate, I have yellow eyes as well.

The Doctors will tell you that drinking plenty will get your eyes whiter, bear in mind I said whiter not white.

I drank ten liters of water in one day, and my eyes did get whiter, but I was disappointed at how yellowish they still looked. The only advice I can give is that you should embrace it. It took me a while but I have, it's something unique about you. Now when I talk to someone I always look deep into their eyes.

2 likes

thank you all.

It very easy get a bone marrow transplant

1 like

Not in Nigeria it isn't

I go through the same thing. I'm 23 now and was born and raised in America but I'm Haitian. I'm definitely very lucky because i have a crisis maybe once or twice a year. I have other mild painful episodes but I can usually manage those at home. I'm still looking for different ways to make them whiter. I'm learning how to embrace them and some things I have found that help are eating healthier.

Lots of fruits and vegetables; drinking tumeric & honey tea, and eating almonds. Those help make my eyes less yellowish but still yellow. I'm pretty sure a blood transfusion is what would fix the problem because of all the bilirubin in your bloodstream.

Hope this helps and if anyone finds a solution please share!

Thank you

2 likes

Make lemon juice.

Method I used that worked for my son who is SS.

Take one 🍋 lemon

Cut in half and juice it.

Take about a cup of hot water and add some real honey to it, dissolve the honey and pour into the line juice.

Add some ice cubes if u like and enjoy.

By the next day ur eyes will start clearing out. I guess u can do this three times in a week for starters and subsequently once a week...it will definitely clear out in a week. I read that it helps restore the liver and clear the system of bilirubin which is responsible for the yellow colour in your eyes. I hope this helps.

Other juices u can try are tomato juice and lime juice.

God bless and keep you.

2 likes

Thank you all for the help. :)

1 like

Try Liquid Chlorophyl or Milk Thistle. They detoxify the liver and could help.

You may also like...