SHADY3

Hi, I was diagnosed in late December with TNBC, I was given the choice of a lumpectomy or mastectomy of my right breast. Given lower risk of reccurance I chose mastectomy. I had the surgery on march 1st and out of three lymph nodes removed only one had a spot on it, I do not have to have radiation. It has been a month now and I still have the drainage tube, hoping to get that out soon, I have an appointment with an oncologist in a couple weeks to discuss chemo. I would like to hear from other TNBC about their treatments,Thanks

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I was diagnosed with NBC July 2016. Had lumpectomy, 20 weeks of chemo and 6 1/2 weeks of radiation. My nodes were negative. My surgeon and oncologist both recommended that treatment to get all the cancer cells in my body. I don't think radiation happens with a mastectomy. But our type of cancer is hard to treat and my stage 2a means I don't have a 100% cure rate. So while chemo was very difficult, I wanted to give myself the best chance of survival, so I took the treatment.

I hope this helps your decision. It is up to you and your doctors.

• Have tnbc. Dx 1 1/2 years ago. Had mastectomy and chemo, no radiation.Chemo is suppose to be most effective for tnbc compared to other types of breast cancer. I am now focusing on building back my immune system. I advise everyone with cancer to do same as cancer is often really a disease if the Immune system since our body's immune system did not fight off the cancer cells initially.

• Shady3

• Hi. Thank Acadia and Sociallisa for replies. Just got my drainage tube out today after six weeks. What a relief. Now I have to have bra fitting and get prosthetic. Oncology appointment next week. I would like to know what type chemo others with TNBC have had and how successful it has been.

• Hi, I had Stage 1 TNBC and was treated in 2014. I had 4 rounds of Adryamicin followed by 12 rounds of Taxol. This July will be the third anniversary of my double mastectomy surgery. (I found out I was BRCA 1+ and this was the route all my doctors recommended.)

You may also like...