Lyrica rash

Hi everyone, not long ago, I asked about the effectiveness of Lyrica. Got some great responses. Someone mentioned something about a rash from it. I would like to know more about people’s experiences with that, please.

I have been on Lyrica a couple of months now and I have had great results—almost no RLS symptoms anymore. When I do have some leg tingles two 50 mg Tramadol pills usually takes care of it. Right now I am on 100 mgs capsules of Lyrica 3 X times a day—7-8 hour space between doses; 100 mgs of Tramadol 2x a day; and one or two iron Bisglycinate as needed, also 400 mg magnesium citrate.

Just developed a very itchy rash on my back in last few weeks. Thought it was poison ivy from my dog rolling on the bed. But now I have two new patches. Could this be a Lyrica side effect? If so, how do I treat it?

Thank you. Bganim

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • ehealthme.com/ds/lyrica/ski...

It does seem to cause a rash in around 3% of people. The above link sets out the statistics.

The safety info with Lyrica says to inform your doctor if you develop an allergic reaction to Lyrica, like a rash. Speak to your doctor to see if there's anything to counter the rash.

Can you relieve the rash/itch with a cream? it would seem a great shame to stop taking it if it is working so well for you in controlling RLS.

• Thanks Jools, yep I have been using benedryl cream. It works. Okay now. Hopefully as I become more a cclaimated to Lyrica, my body will stop resisting it.

• lyrica is awful. i gained 10 pounds, ankles were swollen and i was very irritable. i also had a rash but the doc would not admit it was lyrica. said he did not know what it was. of course i took myself off of it. good luck hopefully you won't have the same side effects

• Interesting. The doctor simply had to google side effects and rash and weight gain and swelling are all listed as side effects.

I am on pregabalin ( generic Lyrica) and have gained about 3 kg and have slight swelling in my ankles but as it is helping to control my RLS and helping me sleep I will accept the extra 3kg weight gain.

You may also like...