I've had this horrible thing for about 40 years, but it has got far worse in the last 10 years. I take 1.25 of Ropinrole at night, which is a lifesaver!
I would say I have 5 strengths of RLS.
1. Mild. I just get uncomfortable sitting from 3pm onwards and then I will sleep OK.
2. Not good. My legs jump and I can't sit or lie down comfortably, but a hot bath and lying on my tummy, putting my insteps together and pushing down towards my feet helps.
3. Worse. I can't lie down or sit because my body seems to ping all over, my hands are hot, my legs and feet really ache. This is where I am most days! My only solution to this to do the above steps then use an item from Ann Summers or a TENS machine to relax me. I then can sleep.
4. Terrible. I try all of the above and then walk up and down for hours and stamp my feet and just cry.
5. Sometimes, I would like to just walk into the sea and disappear from this nightmare!