This works for me

I have had RLS for 40 years. Two things help me: Limiting sugar and carbohydrates is massively helpful. On the nights when I have eaten hardly any sugar and processed carbs, I don't get RLS. Also, if needed, a low dose (45mg) herbal tablet called Valerian, available over the counter. (Check with a health care professional before taking any new meds, even herbal, in case they conflict with your other meds or conditions.)

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congrats on getting something to work, gluten and processed muck, er food, can be bad and should be avoided in my opinion.

• Thank you so much for this. It is always nice to hear of non-pharmaceutical successes.

I see repeated recommendations for fodmap diet which I have been meaning to try for months now - just can't seem to get organised to it in spite of the best of intentions. Also for a low oxalic acid diet, a low carb/high protein diet, wahls diet and others. Interestingly, they all seem to involve the removal of sugar and processed carbs and after that there are variations.

You may also like...