I had a robotic assisted radical prostatectomy 3 weeks ago. No urinary control issues since the catheter was removed and ED doesn't seem like it's going to be an issue at this point either. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones in that respect, Unfortunately my final pathology showed my Gleason score to be 3+5=8 with extraprostatic extension (non-focal) along with perineal invasion. Lymph nodes and seminal vesicles were clear. My original biopsy showed Gleason 3+4=7 and was confirmed with a second opinion by a center of excellence. PSA 4.2. So, with that I have a few questions.
Should I get a second opinion on the final prostatectomy pathology to verify the pattern 5 isn't actually a pattern 4? If so, does Epstein do these?
Regardless of the pathology report, what are my options now? The surgeon said wait 3 months and see if my PSA is detectable. If not, then keep checking every 3 months and go from there. Is this a viable option?
If adjuvant radiation is in my future can they just treat the area of extraprostatic extension or will they radiate the whole area?
Should I get the new PSMA scan right away to see if the cancer that is left is visible?
Thanks in advance for any helpful information!