Follow up from yesterday's post on PMR and lumbar... - PMRGCAuk

PMRGCAuk
9,127 members15,826 posts

Follow up from yesterday's post on PMR and lumbar spine pain

Thank you Everyone for your responses.

I put in a call to my surgery this morning and was told that a doctor would call me back.

She did, within an hour and was excellent. I hadn't seen her before but she had read my notes and knew my situation very well.

She said she thought that I was going through a PMR flare, possibly triggered by the lumbar spine inflammation, and the stress of the pain from that.

She said 'let' s not mess about, we need to up your pred to 20mg for the next few days.

Prescribed Naproxin and increased pregabalin dose. I'm to continue to take diazepam for nerve spasm.

I 'm hoping this will help until I see the neurosurgeon next week.

Thank you all.

10 Replies
oldestnewest

Well done!

1 like

Sounds like a good plan. At least, I hope the pain is decreased enough that you are able to make an informed choice about how to proceed. I remember that the pain was so bad that I would have signed ANY surgical consent if it had a slight chance to relieve the pain. It would have been the same as signing a confession while being tortured.

2 likes

Yes... I can identify with that..

1 like

Excellent - hope it works.

1 like

Great. At least if pain mire controlled you can get some proper rest. 🌻

1 like

Good that you were listened to- hope it works.

Good glad you got someone attention and help.

1 like

🙂

Sorry l wasn’t around much yesterday, so pleased you were able to speak to the GP

& she’s made some changes to your Meds. Hope you are feeling better today? 💐

Hi Mrs N.

The increase of pred to 20mg, together with the other med changes is beginning to kick in. The pain is much less thank goodness.

Thank you for your support. x, 🌷

You may also like...