Quick background, I’ve had PMR/ GCA exactly five years now and I’ve had ups and downs, in January while on 3 mg Pred I had trochanteric bursitis diagnosed following a Highlandfling incident at my sons wedding and had an injection of Depomedrone into the bursa, it worked after a few days and as I felt so good after a week or so I dropped my Pred to 2 mg. well about three or four weeks ago my hip started to hurt like hell and I had terrific stiffness and pain in my legs, I went to my GP who took bloods But said not to increase the Pred yet. The results for plasma viscosity had not come back, lost! So she did more bloods but agreed that day to reinject but not to increase the Pred until she had seen the results. By then I was so sore and stiff it was dreadful. There has been no noticeable improvement in the hip this time after two weeks. Yesterday while at the hospital seeing a cardiologist I asked if they had my new bloods on my case notes and they did, PV was within normal range. But as I was hobbling and my upper arms were now also so sore and heavy I thought that’s it, I took an extra 3 mgs and today have taken 5. Today I feel great again in comparison, so not sure if it’s the injection or the upped dose. I see my Rheumatologist the end of the month, should I continue on the 5 until then and then own up, I’ve not really got enough tablets to last me till then or should I go back to the GP now and show her the new me. Should I have given the injection longer to work. I was in such pain, felt awful, I looked worse / drained and I go grey when in pain. I just hate this bloody ailment so much, I’ve had enough.
Have I done right?: Quick background, I’ve had PMR... - PMRGCAuk
Not what you're looking for?
You may also like...
in last 8 months, always hips affected, seen Gp previously and increased pred each time. This time GP...
Thursday I had my monthly appointment with my Rheumie. At the time I had mild aches in my legs, hips, and neck...
I had, what I thought was nasty flu bug a month ago. I also had severe hip pain. Saw my doctor, he booked...
doctors order. Took 5mg coming down from 10 mg pred. By 10.15 pm could stand it know longer. Took the othe...
mg, when I developed soreness/pain in the joints of my right side - shoulder, hip, knee. More the ligament...
- Not sure if I have PMR and my preds are not working
- I am going the wrong way but know it's right!(I think)
- Hi I have just found this site. I have been suffering with constant severe headaches for the past 9weeks, around right side of temple and
- Wondering if I have PMR or not
- I am going round in circles trying to decide what do for the best!
- New moderator
- What do we believe is due to PMR that doctors tell us "isn't PMR"?
- Pred at lunchtime & flu
- Auntie Bees PMR/ GCA and Chronic Pain Sufferers Advent Calendar . Dec 1st . Your Making a List , Your Checking it Twice . Festive Pacing.
- Auntie Bee is falling apart! Not just POTTY but a case of the SANRTs!! Anyone else with this tachycardia , or just me and the Bin of Doom!