PMRGCAuk
7,532 members12,482 posts

The Ultimate TREAT for Christmas !!

Hello Everyone

First just to say many thanks for your company this year - both this forum and 'patient' have made negotiating PMR/GCA much more bearable - (even sometimes 'pleasant)' than it would otherwise have been - and I have truly appreciated the insights and information offered here !!

Secondly and VERY importantly - I was 'negotiating' with myself (stress here on 'ME') exactly WHAT treat to have on Christmas day - and decided - what could beat a baked cheesecake !? No ordinary one however - this is a hazelnut version made with an eponymous liqueur given to me recently, lots of FULL FAT cream cheese, sour cream, brown sugar, shaved dark chocolate - with ground nuts in the BUTTERY biscuit base and served with black English (altho in OZ) mulberries and lashings of EXTRA whipped cream. Otherwise (honestly !!) I shall be 'reasonably' circumspect with imbibing tooo much of everything else .... - well will try !

Hope you all have a lovely time whatever you do, wherever you are with your families and friends and hope to meet you again in 2018 - hopefully all getting much 'better' !!

Best wishes for the festive season

Rimmy

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Sounds utterly delicious. Have a lovely Christmas and a happy healthy new year.

3 likes

Rimmy, hazelnut version sounds delicious. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Edward

2 likes

Mouthwatering, literally. Thanks for the dessert. I've found a slightly less guilty pleasure this season. Unsweetened vanilla flavored almond milk heated in the microwave. Add a splash of Sherry or whiskey and yum a guiltless egg nogish concoction..

But I see that it is 5:39 pm my time, time to imbibe. Happy Holidays.

And thanks to all here.

4 likes

Don't really like puddings but you made it sound delicious!!

1 like

Sounds delicious. And you are absolutely worth it! Happy Christmas!

2 likes

Sounds yummy! At 4:00 am I just put cookies in the oven!

Recipe mix:

2 over ripe bananas

1 cup oatmeal

1/3 cup walnuts or 1 tbs. peanut butter and some coconut flakes unsweetened of course

Bake 350 degrees 15 mins. Guilt free but not as good as cheesecake!

Happy Holidays!

2 likes

I am regretting not having brought back M&S wheat-free mince pies from Malta - so this afternoon it will have to be making mince pies and brandy butter...

1 like

🤗

You may also like...