i was prescribed 15mg Pred at beginning of April for PMR which worked after a few days, however, I started having some symptoms of GCA towards end of May. I saw an ophthalmologist at A and E twice and eyes were fine so they said it might not be GCA but there was no point in doing a temporal biopsy as I had been on Pred for a few weeks. They prescribed 40mg just in case it was GCA and within a few hours, the improvement in all areas was dramatic. After taking the 40mg for 4 weeks, I started reducing dose. At the end of August, I went down from 17.5mg to 15mg and after a few days, all the pain was back, shoulders, hips, upper arms, thighs and also more worrying, temple pain and blurred vision in right eye. I decided to go back up to 17.5mg on 12th Sept and there has been an improvement in pain but eye still blurry. I am not sure whether I should maybe go back up to 20mg and see how it goes. I am going on a Med Cruise on 1st Oct and was hoping to feel better by now. What advice can you give me?