I just took 60 mg of prednisone and have noticed a slight difference in the head pain. If possible, I wanted to obtain an understanding of the typical head pain description associated with GCA so that I can monitor the mitigation of my symptoms and compare it to the experience of others. I also want to tell all of the doctors I've seen that these symptoms should not be overlooked as I now have infotmation from others also suffering with this condition. I want to make sure these doctors know to look for certain indicators/diagnostic signs to help patients based on the specific symptom descriptions. I realize that not everyone will have the same symptoms, but it would be helpful to get an idea of the symptom descriptions for future sufferers to get treated earlier. Could anyone please tell me if you have experienced any of the following head pain related symptoms:
1. Dull ache on affected side of head near temple and around ear. Dull ache worsens when bending over or tilting head or leaning body to affected side.
2. Dull ache develops into constriction-like sharp pain when temporal artery is touched or pressed on. This sharp pain lingers after touching artery and worsens when tilting head to affected side.
3. Scalp tenderness (typical symptom I know).
4. Head pain worsens when lying down.
5. Pressure in forehead and in upper front and back teeth
6. Pressure behind nose near top and bottom of septum that worsens when bending over.
7. Pain in head when talking, chewing too hard, opening mouth to wide, and singing.
8. Throbbing head when lying down, heart beat moves whole body and head, very annoying.
9. Swishing noise with heartbeat in ear when lying down (pulsatile tinnitus?)
10. Pain in temple is relieved when pressing on artery in front of ear and stopping blood flow to superficial temporal artery above ear and in temple region.
11. Hurts to wear glasses