Hello everyone, well the good news is that the consultant at the Acute Emergency unit told me that nothing significant showed up on my scan (phew). Since starting on steroids on 28th October:
1) My appetite has returned (know this is due to the steroids driving my food cravings)
2) Have some slight pain returning in my right hip at night
3) I still have mild back pain in the middle of my back on either side of my spine (it just feels like the 'volume' has been turned down')
4) I have a weird breathlessness thing going on where every now and again I take a sharp intake of breath spasmodically
5) 70% improvement in my pain and 80% improvement in my mobility although it still hurts to lie on my back
6) I still get very tight hard shoulders although they have been fine for the last few days!
Stupid stupid me forgot to tell the consultant about the back pain and shoulders and that it still hurts to lie on my back!!!! This consultant is not sure if I am PMR and wanted to take me off steroids immediately which filled me with horror. The thought of returning to alI that pain. He then said that I knew my body best and to reduce by 5g a week every week under the guidance of my GP and recommended I be referred to a Rheumy. I saw my GP later this afternoon and he is carrying out more blood test this week to check my ESR reading. I also asked him about B12, folate & ferretin as advised on this forum. I am seeing him again to check on the blood results and my reduced steroids. The previous consultant I saw at the hospital before the scan and steroids felt it was 90% certain I had PMR and my gut feeling is that I do too.
Thank you all.