I have had a nasty bout of flu since just before Christmas. I haven't had a cold or flu for years so it must be because the pred has lowered my immunity. I have been on 15 mg pred for 6 weeks and was intending to reduce the dose by yesterday. However, the violent coughing fits I have had plus sneezing made my PMR pain come right back. My shoulders felt battered and bruised as if I hadn't even taken prednisolone. I was prescribed antibiotics straight away so the cough is now much better and I feel generally better in myself today. I think the worst is over. Also, the 15 mg I took today has now relieved the pain so I am wondering if it would be OK to reduce tomorrow to 13.5 mg or if I should wait a while longer. If anyone else has had experience of flare from flu I would be really interested to know how long they waited before reducing. Thank you.
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.