6,777 members10,532 posts

hi can you please tell me if osteoporosis just affects your back bones

as i have had my ribs fell like they have cracked for a number of years sometimes very sore when i carry on with my kids or husband its that bad that i get scared to carry on with them now and i have had back problems for over 20 years i got a scan about 2 or 3 years ago they said i have osteoporosis and gave me adcal but never said anymore about it so i just keep going day by day

2 Replies

most common areas for fractures due to osteoporosis are hips, wrist and vertebrae but if you have already been diagnosed with osteoporosis and are having problems you should probably get this checked by a doctor.


My Dexa scan showed up osteoporosis in my femur but not in my spine so the answer to your question is that it can happen anywhere. Sorry!


You may also like...