has pet puppy made son's chest worse?

Hello everyone,

I am new to this website. I am looking for some advice please? My son has PCD and has recently been admitted to hospital due to low LF and there was much more secretions in his lungs than the doctors expected.

My concern is that is has been admitted much sooner than normal (7 months). But usually every couple of years.

Is this because we have introduced a pet dog? (Last 5 months)?

No other environmental factors have changed and test shows son is borderline allergic.? But does all the extra pet dander in the air contribute?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for reading and hopefully replying

Carolanne

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • i know of many people with PCD who have pets, including cats, dogs and horses. I myself have had cats and a dog and never had a problem,. However if your son has an allergy to certain animals then that could be a trigger, as in anyone with allergies, not just those of us with PCD.

Wishing that your son gets well again very soon.

• Hi Carolanne,

Josh has grown up with cats, and we introduced a puppy last August, we have not noticed any reaction however the dog is a cockerpoo so blissfully there is no hair loss. As Terry has suggested it may not be a related factor to the PCD. I am sure like Josh the benefit

that Alfie gets from his new best friend will be amazing!

LInda

• Thank you for you replies, they were most helpful. We will buy a wireless dyson to keep pet hair to a minimum and we are thinking of investing in an air purifier. Which leads to another question - do any of u use an air purifier?

Thanks again.

Best wishes xxx

You may also like...