Pernicious Anaemia Society
16,725 members11,581 posts

Information about B12 deficiency from Stichting B12 Tekort and the B12 Research Institute

Serious caution note about the use of B12 (sublingual) tablets, sprays and patches

b12-institute.nl/caution-no...

Testing B12 during treatment: stichtingb12tekort.nl/weten...

British Committee for Standards in Haematology Guideline: stichtingb12tekort.nl/weten...

B12 deficiency in children: stichtingb12tekort.nl/weten...

B12 deficiency and anaemia: stichtingb12tekort.nl/weten...

Treatment with high dose vitamin B12 been shown to be safe for more than 50 years stichtingb12tekort.nl/weten...

Misconceptions about a B12 deficiency : stichtingb12tekort.nl/weten...

More on: stichtingb12tekort.nl/our-e...

Frank's summary document - frankhollis.com/temp/Summar... - contains links to useful documents and extracts of the more important bits.

5 Replies
oldestnewest

Thank you for posting these links. Some valuable info here especially regarding sublinguals etc in top link.

4 likes

And the preference for hydroxy over methylcobalamin.

2 likes

This I feel is a 'must read' -and one that that our doctors will take seriously.

I can't believe I've only just found these even though a few people have said to check out the pinned posts.

What a really useful list of research based articles.

5 likes

If you look through the start of this document - hey.nhs.uk/wp/wp-content/up... - they explain how they reached their ranges. They had to tweak the standard ranges from the BCSH by comparing their assay results with the UK standard.

They tested their ranges and almost 5% of normal people test ‘low’ and almost 10% test ‘intermediate’.

1 like

You may also like...