where do you get your b12?

So I finally seen a private doctor, it was a great result :) I am starting on injections on friday and will be getting taught how to self inject, my prescription for 6 box's of 5 ampoules in each was £63 that also includes the needle's, just wondering is this price about right or can I get it else where for cheaper?

I am also starting on armour for my thyroid as soon as I have a more up to date blood test.

I would like to thank this group especially Martyn Hooper for getting me on the right track.

Any information on where you get your equipment would be grateful x

22 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Just out of interest what where you levels as my doctor won't listen and I don't know what to do !! I have spoken to martyn also he was great to talk to

• My level at the very start was 245 but at that time was also supplementing with a multi vitimin for a while that had b12 in.

• Mine is 145,Dr stuck me on tablets and won't do much else :-( fed up now,glad you are getting somewhere I need to keep fighting

• Are you close to Bristol I can inbox you a great doctor?

That is way too low have you sent your gp the new guidelines?

• I'm down in weymouth :-( no I Havnt sent the guidelines,he won't listen :-(

• I'm in Bridgwater I travelled to Bristol to see the lady, I am actually from Bristol so good because I know my way around, are you willing to travel?

• Hi Please can you let me know your doctor in Bristol?

• Hi Please can you let me know your doctor in Bristol?

I'm afraid Nicola79 hasn't posted anything on this group for two years, so I doubt she'll read your message.

You could try sending a personal message. Click on her name at the top of her post and you'll be able to see her posting history. There's also a button to message her directly.

• What is the range? My B12 was 240, but range >180.

• HI Nichola Can you share with me the private Doctor you mentioned near Bristol? Thank you !!!!

• I buy hydroxo 1mg ampoules boxes of 10x10 from Germany for not much more than you are paying for 30 (including cost of shipping). I use insulin needles to do sub-cutaneous which you can get quite easily in the UK (few £s for 100) and are not very expensive - IM wouldn't be that much more expensive.

• Can you possibly send me the link to them in inbox if no bother?

• Its a German site but here is the link. First order has to be paid up front which is a bit of a pain but after that it is all quite quick.

mycare.de/online-kaufen/b12...

Lots of other people use Goldpharma which is in English - it's just that I came across the German firm first. Don't think there is going to be any significant difference in price.

• Thank you

• I get my ampules from germany from Manufaktur@arnika-apo.de

They sell in boxes each box being ten ampules -they sell 1mg and 5 mg per ml of methylcobalamin and 1mg and 10 mg per ml of adenosylcobalamin no prescription needed

• I use Amazon de. Uses same log in etc as Amazon uk. Get syringes and needles from Amazon uk.

• Do you mean for ampoules of B12? Can you please post a link. I just see tablets on amazon.de

Thanks

• Just typed in Rotexmedica 10 x 1ml (this is for hydroxo)

• Thanks- do you just get 10 at a time?

• Last time I got 3 boxes

• How did you find a private doctor? Is there a link you can send to me. I live in Birmingham and although I would love to go to Bristol, it's not really viable.

Mazamoomoo

• Nichola, I'm delighted you've found the help you needed. I remember you were in a bad way before Xmas and getting nowhere with your GP. Hope you feel better before too long.

You may also like...