Mannitol for Parkinson's disease - Parkinson's Movement

Parkinson's Movement

17,766 members17,822 posts

Mannitol for Parkinson's disease

pdpatient
pdpatient

I recently started taking Mannitol based on anecdotal evidence presented in this forum. Thanks to the posters for creating awareness about this option. I am yet to see benefit after 10 days but I believe it takes a few months to give results.

Disclaimer: I am taking Mannitol as a supplement at my own risk and any information provided here is only informational.

Please check with your Pharmacist in terms of checking drug interactions.

Mannitol is an FDA approved food additive. Here’re the articles that are supportive of the supplement as a possible option for helping deal with Parkinson’s

—————————————

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl...

frontiersin.org/articles/10...

sciencedirect.com/science/a...

parkinsonsdisease.net/resea...

worldpdcongress.org/home/20...

accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/...

movementdisorders.org/MDS/S...

clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show...

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Have you had any success with the Mannitol yet ?? How much do you take ?? And do you take alone or with PD meds ?? Thanks

pdpatient
pdpatient in reply to Sweetc05

Hi Sweetc05. I have been at it for about a month. Hard to tell because the doctor has changed my meds and also added Cymbalta for anxiety. I feel good overall with just some gait issues.

I take 4 tablespoons a day with coffee. The Israeli guy who swears by it says it took him several months to see great results.

Sweetc05
Sweetc05 in reply to pdpatient

Thank you .Can you tell me who you purchased through ? And are you taking CL as well ? I just started CL and don’t see any improvement

pdpatient

Amazon. Great pricing. This is the item:

Bulksupplements Mannitol Powder (1 Kilogram) amazon.com/dp/B00QXQWHMY/re...

pdpatient

Yes. I am also taking CL in the form of Rytary. It is a slow release version of CL.

Are you newly diagnosed? If YES, you need to work closely with your doctor to slowly titrate up to the right dose. I also take Requip XL and Amantadine.

8 years since diagnosis. Panicked at first, but slowly accepted slowly through time. I am glad to be alive.

Sweetc05
Sweetc05 in reply to pdpatient

Yes diagnosed in March .But had symptoms for probably 10 years or more .Thank you for your help

pdpatient

You are most welcome. That's what we're here for. To support, encourage and motivate each other.

Most important thing to remember is to always keep hope, understand that this is a very slow progressive disease and you are likely to be at more risk due to other Health conditions rather than Parkinson's.

So, rather take the diagnosis as a sign to take great care of yourself and continue to enjoy life as it is given to you.

Somic67
Somic67 in reply to Sweetc05

i suggest you to read this post and my comment to "bepo" user for info on mucuna benefits if taken at the beginning instead of L/C meds

link to comment:

healthunlocked.com/parkinso...

link to post:

healthunlocked.com/parkinso...

You may also like...