What is ashwagandha good for? And macuna extract...can't seem to find it at a reasonable price.

Has anyone tried ashwagandha root powder? If so for what?. I'm still trying to find macuna powder in Canada. Only amazon has it but it's really expensive. Banyan has it but shipping is 40 dls US which brings the price up from 14 dls for the macuna to 53.00. Any ideas?

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Beverly2017

I take something called Protandim & it has 4 herbs in it & one is Ashwagandha. Below is what I found on the internet....

Ashwagandha, also known as Indian Ginseng, has a wide range of health benefits, including its ability to fight against cancer and diabetes, as well as reduce inflammation, arthritis, asthma, hypertension, stress, and rheumatism. Furthermore, it boosts your supply of antioxidants and regulates the immune system.

You may want to read Webmd also.....

m.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/ing...

This is part of what Webmd stated....

o Parkinson’s disease. Preliminary research suggests that a combination of herbs including ashwagandha improves Parkinson’s symptoms. The effect of ashwagandha alone in Parkinson’s is unknown.

• Thankyou. Very interesting. I'm anxious to try it.... that and the powdered macuna.

• Try bulksupplements.com

• Check out Natural Life Center on Facebook for mucuna powder.

Or

Instagram: @naturallifemiami

• I take 3gm of Ashvagandha ith 6gms of Fresh MP for last one year.The on period starts within 15 minutes.It is a good combination

• I'll try that...where do you buy ashvsguanda. How long is the on time when you take it with MP? Thanks in advance. Bev

• Also I've ordered pure MP. How do you measure 6mg and how much dopamine is that? Thx

• I get fresh MP from Arya Vaidya Shala Kottakka for 3months i.e 1Kg costing around $10 in INDIA.Their brand name is ATMAGUPTA CHURNA.Two tsp morning and evening.

• Many suppliers in India available for AShwagandha like Patanjali,Dabur,Dharmastala etc

• Thankyou. I got the MP from nutrivitashop before you sent me the above info. But I'm not sure how to take 50 mg of it when 1/3 scoop = 500mg. My sinamet is 100 mg of l dopa and I take half. I'm trying to keep my dose down as I'm afraid of dyskinesia.

You may also like...