amitriptyline

hi, I am taking amitriptyline 50mg at night for nerve pain. can this medication put weight on you. I also take trazodone 150mg to help me sleep. x

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Dillydally

I put on weight with amitriptyline but if it helps with nerve pain what the heck. Xx

• yes your right. x

• thank you. I am not as mobile has I used to be, that doesn't help x

• Yes, it did in my case I put on 5lb in a week as soon as I changed to the alternative nortrypyiline I lost the weight also I don't get the sleepynes like amitryptililne. In the beginning I did feel lethargic in the morning but it's wearing off. Hope this helps you katie xx

• did the alternative still help your pain x

• Yes with the shooting pain but not the localised pain you can go up to 50mg of nortrypyiline for pain xx

• Hi dillydally1 u are lucky I'm on 200mgs and I have not put on any weight on at all

• hope it helps you. I wish I could loose some weight. maybe it is some of my other medication x

• I am also on it and have found I have gained no weight I wish I could, I was given it to help me sleep as I suffer with chronic nerve pain.

• hi, thanks for your reply. hope it is helping you sleep and eases your pain x

You may also like...