I know that this won't be new to anyone with undiagnosed chronic pain. I am still on that long road to finding an answer, and more especially to finding a cure?
I started with a new physio at a private hospital this week. We had a good report back from my MRI Scan on my lower back. Even though my symptoms seemed to be generated from my back, they couldn't find much wrong with it?
He went into stretching exercises, which I have done, but they have made things worse! I phoned the department, and was told to stop doing them. Trying again in a couple of days after the symptoms had subsided which they did. I was told that if after trying again they came back, it would help the physios with what might be going on??
So with care I did them again and yes, new nerve pains back full on!! I shouldn't be surprised should I, but I always have such hope when trying something that just could help me.
I have booked a session with a remedial massage therapist, it took me weeks to find one who came recommended and was local enough to manage to get to.
I have spoken to a specialist in osteopathy and naturopathy. He has recommended taking my taking Turmeric capsules( which is why I contacted him) but more specifically, asking my GP to send me for an MRI Scan on my knee, which started this all off this June. I wanted to have one back then but was refused!
He feels that my heavy leg sensations and nerve pains, could be triggered by having as described 'knee crud' floating about inside my knee. It could need a flush out and tidy up by a surgeon depending on the MRI results?
If this is not the case then he recommended having a Nerve Condition Study to be done. I have gone ahead a asked my GP who agreed to both of these requests. God Bless Him.
I have a confession to make, I was offered immediate surgery as a self funding patient at a private hospital with the top orthopaedic surgeon a few weeks after I had hurt my knee. My physio and my GP all said that I was rushing into it, and should try to resolve it by time and physio. I was just recovering from having gall bladder surgery which hadn't gone brilliantly well at the time. So I opted for the more conservatory approach. Though they wouldn't know that it would lead to all these unusual complications? So of course now I am not so sure it was the right decision?
I waited long enough for the back MRI Scan to be done, I can't imagine how long I will have to wait for the knee one? After my experience at the NHS hospital I will be going to again, I would rather have this operation done privately to be honest!
I would so value any thoughts that you all might have?