After a relatively good day yesterday I finally had a phone call I had been waiting for since the end of last week.
I have been chasing the hospital up to find out if an embolisation procedure to stop my chylothorax will be possible. There is still no news now the consultant radiologist is talking to someone at one of the other hospitals in Manchester. I almost wish he would turn round and say no he can’t do it because at least I could move on.
The pleural team are now talking about sending me to another hospital to see someone else or I could go back to see the cardiothoracic surgeon I saw in October. I have been reluctant to do that as he was so negative last time.
The drains are very uncomfortable it feels like my chest is being squeezed and I am not feeling any benefit but I am not feeling worse.
I was in my local cancer hospital last week with chronic constipation. They were putting me under pressure to increase the drains because there were no breath sounds on the right side and the chest X-ray showed fluid in there. I did explain the situation and the advice I have not to push through the pain and stop when it’s uncomfortable meaning that there is always some fluid in there.
I am back at the chest hospital Monday for a review. They are thinking my right lung might be trapped ie it’s not able to expand fully after the drain and that is what is causing the discomfort. I am feeling really confused and not sure what I am going to do.