has anyone used leflunomide?

i have just been recently diaginosed and see my rheummy nurse on 14th january which is when i gonna start using this drug. its just not one of the ones that people on this site seemed to have used or mentioned when i told my gp thats what i was starting she said thats one of the new ones. would appreciate any comments take care all michelle x

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi there.

Just a message to say hello and I take Leflonmide. I have taken it for 5 weeks. I have had very few side effects from it apart for some loose bowels for a few days and a bit of tummy upset.

I always take it after breakfast. I take it with Methotrexate injections.

Hove this is helpful to you. My symptom have slightly improved on the dual therapy but it is early days yet. I am hoping for more improvement over the next few months. My inflammatory markers are reducing so that is a good sign.

Best wishes

Carole

• Hi, I have been taking these tablets for 18 months, first with MTX for six months and with Embrel injections for a year. Like Carol has said I have noticed the same side effect as her but I had put mine down to IBS, as I suffer from that as well. Recently I have had to reduce the tablets to every other day due to low blood count. Hopefully going back to full dosage after my next blood test.

Mine combination suits me, I feel better within myself than I have done for many years.

Take care.

• Im on 20mg of Leflunomide after still badly flaring on 10mg. Had few side effects ie tummy ache but no bad symptoms like i had on mtx.

Hope you too will be fine on them.

Xxx

• I was only on it for a short while, as i could not tolerate the side effects. That was mainly food related. I could not stand to eat. I was so nauseated and stomach upset, i hardly ate. I did not smell, or have the sense of taste of food, yet could not stand to eat. It was a strange experience.

I hope you do not experience these things at all. It seems to have worked for many people, so maybe you will be one of those.

Good luck to you.

• thanks for that guys :) michelle x

• Hi Michelle, I've been on it for about 20 years and I haven't noticed any side effects from it. I was prescribed Mtx at the same time so I don't know which one is giving me a metal taste when I take it-but I think it is the Mtx.

Good luck,

Christine

• Hi Chemar

It sounds like you've already had lots of useful info from the folks on here but I thought I would also send you a link to our article on leflunomide: nras.org.uk/about_rheumatoi...

We also have a good 'Newly Diagnosed' booklet which is availabe to download from the website which you might find helpful at this time: nras.org.uk/help_for_you/pu...

I hope you get on well with the leflunomide in the new year.

Kind regards

Sarah Kate

NRAS

You may also like...