NRAS has joined an alliance of patients, professionals, industry and other charities to campaign for action around earlier diagnosis. The new entity is called the Early Diagnosis Alliance and is calling for:
1. Secured ring-fenced funding for early diagnosis implementation for which NHS trusts will be held accountable
2. The National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE) to develop a Quality Standard for early diagnosis across all disease areas
3. The Health Select Committee to investigate the barriers and possible solutions to implementing a system-wide early diagnosis approach
4. A discussion in Parliament on the issue of poor implementation of good practice in early diagnosis
5. Reduction in the length of time from when a patient first presents to the GP/hospital to when a formal diagnosis is made.
To pledge your support for the campaign, please sign this new Government e-petition: epetitions.direct.gov.uk/pe...
A briefing about the importance of early diagnosis can also be found here: gehc.s3.amazonaws.com/audio...