Hi all, went to see my Rheumy nurse today on the CRU unit, have known her for many years so I trust her judgment. Explained about my back problem as I told you all about a few weeks ago, sending me for lower spine X-Ray and another bone scan as not had one for about 8 years. She didn't really say what she thought it might be, have also been having pins and needles for quite a while in my hip! They come and go a lot and started well before my lower back pain so didn't think the two could be connected but they could well be. So I'll let you now when I know more on that one.
The other thing is I am on Rituximab and been doing well on it for about three years now, and it's about this point that my drugs seem to stop working, why? they don't seem to know!
So they have asked me to consider Tocilizumab! which is a monthly infusion. I can see why they are being cautious as if I get too much in a flare it takes too long to get me out of it (even though I'm not having a flare at the moment) they feel I may soon have one!!!
However, I feel I know my body better than them and rather than rushing in and to me exhausting my possibilities of treatment I would rather wait.
I can see there point and they can see mine as I have told them how I feel, so I think I should wait a while and see how I go, I just hope it's the right decision for me.