Are people with RA and biological treatment a high risk category for corona virus?
High risk??: Are people with RA and biological... - NRAS
Hi if you do not hear anything by the 29th march phone doc for advice ,I'm confident lots of high risk are being missed and some are vulnerable, and you may have to make your own judgement call ,but doc should advice if you do not rieviece a letter or tex ,there is charts and gov websites etc ,that's fine but everyone who is high risk should have been informed by sat, it was to simple for them to leave all this for gps to tell us ,strangely but not surprising a member today on post got informed she is high risk and only on methotrexate
The latest guidance (for doctors but worth reading is here) rheumatology.org.uk/News-Po...
If you look at the risk stratification and scoring grid links the info is now very specific and depends on drugs taken and co-morbidities. I have moved from being High/Very High on previous guidelines to being Medium, risk score 2.
The guidelines give isolation/shielding advice but it's not clear which of these groups should be on NHS vulnerable list 1 only? All 3? I'm guessing it might be important in the next few weeks as shops/services might move to using your NHS text/letter as proof you are vulnerable. I've submitted this question to Fb live session for this afternoon.
Yeh it is a nightmare and confuseing ,a member today got told high risk and only on methotrexate?,these letters you may need for proof as well ,the link from pmcc is very good and the reply also ,and it can explain some of the confusing, yeh same here if not working we can make decision, 4 days for me the now struggling 😊 ,you can imagine 12 weeks ,and even the 3 weeks the now for some
I rang my doctors yesterday about something else and enquired about the letters while I had them on the phone . I was told bluntly they come from the government 🤷🏻♀️ I’m on Rituximab and stuff I’ve read said info would come from the day case units database in that case..but I haven’t a clue!
If you feel you fall into the shielding group but have not received a letter by the 29/3 you can still register..it asks some good, specific questions and asks for your hospital number/NHS number too.
It all seems to be a bit of a minefield..all we can do is wait and see.
Stay safe all of you x
I have not yet received a text or letter, so emailed my GP and rheumatology Department this morning. I have not heard back from Rheumatology Department but got an almost instant reply from my GP. He phoned me to say that as far as he is concerned I am in the highest risk group and should be shielding, but the letter will be sent from the rheumatology Department. I score 3 points when I do the scoring test, as I am on Rituximab and 5mg daily of prednisilone as well as other meds that don’t score