NRAS
23,094 members26,841 posts

Feeling better - but why? Flu jab?

Do I remember someone posting they had relief from their symptoms after the flu jab? Did I imagine it as I can’t find it now?

After feeling like I was getting nowhere on my meds for months, I am feeling better this week. I was hoping that my meds were finally working or it’s the result of healthier eating and losing a few pounds but something rang a bell about the flu jab helping. I had it 2 weeks ago. Now I’m worried it’s just a temporary effect 😔

12 Replies
oldestnewest

I’m inclined to say it is a coincidence and that the medication and hard work you have been doing to lose weight is probably the reason you are feeling better. Long may it last! 🤗

5 likes

Thank you! I really hope so!

1 like

Ditto Ruth. All that hard work is paying off!

4 likes

Thank you, 🤞 x

Hi Lisa I posted a while ago that I’d had 2 remissions from actually getting flu. The 1st one was within an hour of the start of flu I could literally feel all the swelling ‘draining’ away and my feet went back to normal. I had no symptoms or meds for 3 years. The second time remission with flu was 18 precious months . I really hope the jab is positive for you. Could you let us know. I might consider having it then as opposed to hoping I get flu.

3 likes

Best to have jab anyway to reduce the spread of flu to people who are vulnerable and maybe can’t have it themselves

2 likes

Yes maybe it’s your post I remember. I’m hoping it’s not just a temporary thing. We’ll see. Will update x

I should imagine it's probably more down to your hard work and the meds starting to work. However, whatever the reason it's really good news. Hugs

J

2 likes

Thank you x

1 like

what meds are you on?

Just MTX at the mo but it’s been nearly 8 months. Maybe it’s finally started working?

2 likes

oh Iam keeping everything crossed for you Lisaj42 x

2 likes

You may also like...