NRAS is pleased to let you know about this unusual opportunity to test out an Alexa Echo to help you monitor you disease- Please see below for more details.
Medicys is a medical market research company who regularly conduct studies with a range of physicians and patients.
They are currently conducting a study to test a new voice controlled digital tool designed by a sponsor and it is accessed through the Amazon Alexa Echo Dot. The digital tool will be provided by the client for you to use in your home and is designed to potentially help people manage conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis.
Patients are invited who have been diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and who are taking methotrexate and a biologic adalimumab (Humira®), etanercept (Enbrel®, Benepali®and Erelzi®), certolizumab (Cimzia®), abatacept (Orencia®), tocilizumab (RoActemra®). Full study details are below:
•Topic: To better understand how a digital tool could improve the daily life and disease management of people living with RA
•Tasks required to complete and time required:
- Attend a venue in London on 2nd February for a 2 hour group where you will be supplied with an Amazon echo dot and briefed on how to use the device
- Spend 10-15 minutes per day using the device over a 30 day period (some people may be asked to complete a further 15 days)
- Twice a week complete a 10-15 online link
- Create a video of yourself using the device
- Attend an exit interview in London where you return the device and all data is deleted
- £100 for those taking part in the 30 days - paid by cash at the exit interview
- £175 for those taking part in the 45 days – paid by cash at the exit interview
Medicys representatives will need to run through a couple of short screening questions to check you are eligible for the study so if you are interested please could you contact Claire Hogben on 01795 50 23 42 between 9am and 5.30pm or alternatively you can email on email@example.com