NRAS

Invaluable Advice!!!!

Help please, I started Benepali on the end of November after a delay because of Asthma. I managed to get 4 injections before going down with a chest infection on 28th Dec so missed the next injection. Managed to get one more injection then had an infection in 2 teeth. I have now got another chest infection and infected place on my leg. Should I give myself a few weeks before re-starting the injections. Have tried to call Rheumy nurse but have not heard back yet. Your INVALUABLE advice would be appreciated. Keep well everyone xx

Mary

9 Replies
oldestnewest

wait until you hear from the Rheumy nurse!

1 like

Don.t take it untill you feel better .see what nurse says first .take care .kathy x

If in doubt do nowt. When you speak to your nurse I would explain about all these infections.

I’ve been in a similar situation with a bad cold in October then an awful virus that meant I had to miss 4 weeks of methotrexate injections. Now I’m stiff and sore.

Make sure you eat healthily, get plenty of sleep ( not easy with a chest infection 🙁) and some exercise. These will all help your immune system.

Good luck hope your nurse gets back to you soon

Kiki x

Thank you all xx

1 like

Hi MaryTH, I would agree with the others it sounds like you are quite susceptible to other things so would certainly seek advice before continuing with Benapali, I started on Benapali 12th December and had to miss 2 injections because of other health complications i dont know if this is because of that or not but i have learned over the past 4 years or so that any illnesses that may or may not be directley linked to your meds its always best to be cautious and seek advice.

Best of luck

2 likes

Thank you x

How did you get in Mary?

1 like

Hi Kikideelili, RA nurse advised to restart Benepali when clear of infection. I am still on antibiotics and back to GP today although I do feel a little better. I have now missed 5 injections and in the middle of a flare. It just makes you feel miserable. Thank you for your concern. xx

Mary

1 like

Well I hope the infection is on it’s way out and that’s the end of your bad run. I am back on my methotrexate and managed 3 injections now yay 😃

Take care

Kikidee

You may also like...