NRAS
22,467 members26,202 posts

flu have

hi we was told my daughter isn't aload live vaccines by her Rheumatologist . when I took my daughter last Friday to our GP practice the nurse 1 nurse couldnt do it for some reason so she went to get another nurse who apparently is higher then the other 1 she went to give her the nasel vaccine which is the live 1 .Good job my friend was with us too as this nurse wasn't listening to me or my daughter then my friend had to rise her tone & tell the nurse she's not allowed it as its a live vaccine then she questioned us why isn't she , who said she's not & then again why not she didn't like it when we answered her questions then she decided to look at the computer at her records shouldn't they have done that first off all

4 Replies
oldestnewest

Thank goodness there was someone who could put the nurse right.xxxx

1 like

That's a bit scary. Glad you and your friend were able to remind the nurse about what she should have done already...

1 like

That is terrible. Is there someone higher-up to whom to report this? It is potentially dangerous ignorance!

1 like

You're correct, your daughter shouldn't have live attenuated vaccines. She can have the vaccine by injection though. It might be prudent to have your GP have this added as an alert then when they pull up her records on the screen it will be noted. Maybe this statement from the NRAS will be useful too if this happens again nras.org.uk/statement-about...

1 like

You may also like...