Heartburn: Anyone out there with RA suffer with... - NRAS

NRAS
26,225 members30,064 posts

Heartburn

Anyone out there with RA suffer with heartburn, I do hear that there are some among our community, I have been getting it for a few weeks now and it`s very unpleasant. If it`s connected to medication, then I can visit GP for some help, any comments would help

9 Replies
oldestnewest

Hi I suffer from heartburn regularly & my Doctor gives me tablets & liquid medicine every month. If your medication is causing you trouble you should tell your Doctor & they will alter or change your medication. Sam.

2 likes

Thanks Sammy, I shall make appointment

Hi catwoman

If I was you I'd speak to doctor just make sure it is just related to meds. Assuming it is ask your Gp about Lansoprazole. I took this when Naproxen was giving me terrible heartburn and it worked like magic. One first thing on an empty stomach and that's it sorted.

Paul

2 likes

Thank you Paul, shall take your advice

Since I stopped taking aspirin and naproxen my acid reflux has eased a lot. I still have a bit of trouble from time to time, which may be due to taking hydroxy, but it's nowhere near as bad as it was. When I have a bad RA flare, and it has to be really bad, I will take a naproxen which means I will inevitably have a bout of acid reflux for the next day or two. I currently take omeprazole plus the odd swig of gaviscon when needed.

1 like

Yes! And bloating....trying to work out what's causing it...not much fun☹️

1 like

It needs a diagnosis. Usually a trial of medication first. If it persists for longer than four weeks, then you may need to have an endoscopy of your upper gut.

1 like

Hi

Yes RA drugs gave me heartburn.

Lansoprazole has solved my heartburn. Take one capsule just before bed.

heartburn n reflux were probs 4me and bloating til i did intolerance trials and discoverd wheat / grains, dairy all figured. yeast and sugar too. also if i have any probs [eg late nite out with cava and curry did 4me last week a special occasion] then i take stem ginger or brush sugar off crystallised ginger and that settles me. good luck x

You may also like...