I have been suffering with what appears to be sciatic pain down my left leg for about the last 6 months - 12 months (initially it was mild but has gotten worse over time). I was sent for an MRI and the results are below.
I am currently waiting for an ‘urgent’ appointment with a neurologist. Would the above results explain the sciatic pain down my left leg, numbness, tingling etc More confusingly I don’t have any lower back pain really to go with it. Maybe a small twinge here or there. All the pain is felt through my left leg.
- Congential / anatomical variance with narrowing of the lower lumbar spinal canal in the sacral region.
- Disc degeneration / desiccation at L4/5, L5/S1 and hypotrohy of ligamenta flava at some levels
- L3/4 small posterior central disc protrusion with radial tear, flattening of theca without neural compromise.
- L4/5 annular disc bulge with central disc protrusion and radial tear impinging theca sac and contacting both descending L5 nerve roots.
- L5/S1 annular disc bulge with central disc protrusion and radial tear impinging theca aac contacting both descending nerve roots.
I’ve not yet had an explanation regarding what these results mean. Is there anything I can do in the meantime to improve things?