Hi all. As you probably remember, i was diagnosed with ra in august, and started 500 mg sulfasalasine daily, increasing by 500 mg daily each week to maximum of 4x500mg tablets daily in september. I was also prescribed a steroid injection and, as that gave no relief a 3 week course of prednisone tablets, that also gave no relief. I had to stop taking sulfasalasine after my blood test 5 weeks ago because of an abnormal liver function result, however after being off sulfasalasine for 2 weeks my next result was normal, so 3 weeks ago, i was re started on it at 4x500 tablets daily. I am still awaiting some relief from the pain and inflammation. Neither the steroids nor the sulfa have had an impact on it. I see the rheumatologist next friday, and wondered if she is likely to change my meds? Add another dmard into the cocktail? Or is it too early at this stage to assess the effectiveness of sulfa? I just want to try to prepare myself, because i think if she cant offer anything else that might ease the pain, i will probably burst into tears. Any advice would be appreciated.
Happy new year to you all.