So I'm newly diagnosed. Feeling terrible, mostly due to the meds and the fatigue. After a couple of months of life with RA here are my top five comments that make me want to scream:
1. Oh it's just rheumatoid arthritis. I bet you're glad it's nothing serious
2. Oh methotrexate, yes everyone I know on that has died. Terrible drug prescribed by lazy doctors
3. Why are you buying in to these medications. You can treat RA yourself with diet and yoga, you don't need to be on them. It's your fault you are ill.
4. Ah right so it comes with fatigue and we need to adjust your workload...yep fine. So about you taking on your colleagues work whilst not she's on maternity... great knew you could do it
5. You need to keep active...like really active..don't give in to the tiredness that's just lazy. You can't give in to this disease you know.