Hi All, well finally got to see GP to see what's going on with my bloods etc. Had to set the alarm for the crack of dawn to call for an appointment as the alternative was a pre-booked one 25 days ahead! Thankfully iron levels are now normal so I can stop taking the awful iron pills that exacerbate the IBS and get stuck in my throat. White cells also OK for first time in ages. Protein still low but creeping up. They've checked just about every organ/body part that could cause this and come up blank so the only other option is some sort of auto-immune problem. You know - the one I suddenly ceased to have after twenty years according to my rheumy. Initially my GP just wanted to wait another month and get my bloods done yet again but after a chat has agreed to write to the consultant to see what he suggests in the meantime. I'm not holding my breath as he doesn't seem like the sort of person that can put his pride aside long enough to admit he might have been wrong but it's a glimmer of hope at least. Now just got to wait for a reply. Problem is I know if he says he won't see me or revise his opinion I'll be back to square one and very upset but if he does say he'll see me I'll be petrified of going through another humiliating appointment. Time to man up I suspect xx
Last edited by mistymeana
Content on HealthUnlocked does not replace the relationship between you and doctors or other healthcare professionals nor the advice you receive from them.