Bit of a weird one this, so please bear with me. Middle finger, right hand.
About a week ago when I was washing my hands, I thought I felt a paper cut on the side of my finger. Really stung and made me jump but after I'd dried my hands I couldn't find it so sort of forgot about it. But when I washed my hands again there it was, a sudden jolting sting. Dried my hands, poked, squeezed and prodded finger. Still couldn't find the problem. Over the next few days it got worse and started to feel more like a splinter pricking deep in the skin, but I could only feel it when rubbing my fingers together, interlocked if you know what I mean.
No bruising, no redness, no obvious swelling but today I've knocked it a couple of times against the handle of my mug and I nearly passed out with the jolting pain like an electric shock. Gone before I could finish gasping. Freaked the poor dog out no end! But I still can't make it hurt if I'm 'looking' for it. How weird. Anyone?