OK, you lovely people. I have taken your advice and been on a shopping fest with BF. I have returned with nothing. The experience was interesting.
I decided to treat myself to new bedding with my Xmas money. My thinking was I could writhe around in bed with RA pain but with the added comfort of looking like the cover of 'Beautiful Interiors' magazine.
Planning and preparation.
1. Donned my new Xmas boots with my feet squealing with joy 'We can walk!'
2. Still waiting for side effects of MTX, so prepared in advance by putting sick bag and bottle of water on back seat.
3. Instructed said BF that If i squeal 'BARF' while clocking 70mph on the M1, she is to hold said sick bag open under chin. (Mine not hers.)
1. Driving up the M! at 70mph is really difficult in wrist splints.
2. However, said wrist splints are awesome when sending V sign to unscrupulous male drivers. They are luminous blue and immediately attract attention.
3. Constantly checking in rearview mirror for yellowing of the eyes and eruptions of the plague is not good especially when M1 is lined with traffic cones.
4. BF explored sick bag (supermarket carrier) and announced it had holes.
Arrival at destination.
1. Said BF is fag-ash-Lil and lit up as soon as we hit the carpark. I'm a recent non-smoker. I'm questioning whether she is my BF.
2. BF skips lightly up the stairs while I wait for the lift which takes 4 hours to arrive from one floor up.
3. I hate all the bedding. She cleans the store out of their entire stock.
1. There's a parcel waiting in my porch...yippee I'm not totally empty handed!
2. I open it with excitement.
3. It is a ladies pee bottle.
4. Oh god...
I had discreetly mentioned to my lovely mum that I sometimes struggle to get to the loo at night with my dysfunctional joints...big mistake! I can now wear my new pee bottle proudly like a hip flask. Just hope I don't get the two mixed up...