Hi Everyone, it’s been quite while since I have posted anything, but what I just went through tonight still has me wondering if I made the right decision.
I was working tonight, when I received a phone call from my transplant center. I was offered a kidney, and I refused it.
I just had a doctors appointment approximately a month ago and my doctor and I agreed that I am stable, or am I just in denial? I now wonder if I made the right call.
I have IGAN, also know as Berger’s Disease. I have stage IV CKD. I am not on HD, my GFR is 22. I am 40 years old and have made many life style changes since my diagnosis and I for the first time in a long time feel great! I have had some weight loss, my energy levels are up, I exercise regularly. I am work full time, I have three young daughters and a very supportive husband.
I fear that undergoing a transplant at this time may affect me negatively. I fear rejection, I fear medication side effects, I fear the so things.
I was listed not even a year ago, and I was actually shocked that I got “the call”. I also felt that maybe there was someone out there that is on dialysis and has been through more and is more deserving at this time.
I don’t want to regret the decision I just made. 😔
Has this happened to any of you? And what would you have done in place?