Woo hoo! Result!

I'm not writing this blog to be smug or show off but to let people starting out on this journey that it really works! I weighed myself yesterday and after teetering on the brink for several weeks, have now passed the 3 stone lost mark. I am so chuffed! After years of being a stuffer / starver and at times getting into quite obsessive not eating, I have discovered a balanced and (hopefully) lasting way of losing weight: exercise and using MFP to keep track of what I eat. I started C25k last July and am still running, love it. I also do more or less daily exercise (swimming, aquafit, Swiss ball, Pilates, exercise bike and some cardio/ resistance training routines) and walk lots. I'm a gym failure, get easily bored, hence the variety of exercise types, but I'm a changed character these days! ! I could still do with losing a bit more (my BMI is still 25.3 and there's definitely a bit of flab to go) but I can see a result and feel so much better than I did a year ago when I started panicking about my weight and high blood pressure.

Good luck to everyone else on this programme and a huge thank you to NHS Choices and all the people in this and the C25k communities for their couldn't-do-it-without-you support.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

11 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Soozz,

Very well done. 3 stone is about 19 kgs - that's a very significant life-change.

I was going to remind you to claim your I DID IT! badge - but I see you already have it!

And well deserved too.

Good luck with the last wee bit.

I scheduled 1 Kg a week for 13 weeks to take me to a 'halfway to normal BMI' point, and I've just got there this morning. A bit on the early side actually by about 3 weeks. So that's two stone less of me to lumber about.

And my 'old fat friend' that I see in photos of myself seems like a blast from the past, now.

• Brilliant! Very well done, congratulations

• Hi Soozz,

Actually, given the amount of weight loss - perhaps you should get a I VERY DID IT! badge.

• Very encouraging. Thank you for sharing.

• I've just started this week and your story has really inspired me! Well done! Congratulations to you and here's to me being 3 stone lighter at some point in the not to distant future!

• Where is the diet please I am new to site can't find as I am on my mobile not pc

• Marie381,

There's not a diet as such - but there is a plan to lose weight.

Go to nhs.uk/LiveWell/Loseweight/... and have a good read up on it all - it's completely free.

• Wow! Well done. Great to hear x

• amazing! Well done!

I'm currently on week 4 of the c2k5 and I love it, I can't wait to class myself as a runner, and hopefully lose some of the 9 stone I want rid of.

Thanks for keeping it positive and being an inspiration! :)

• I'm only starting so this has been a great help to read that it actually works.

It also helps that people are on here sharing tips and offering support when it is needed most.

Thank you all xx

• Thank you everyone! Hope it's all going well for you.

You may also like...