Serious Hike - aching calf muscles!

Serious Hike - aching calf muscles!

As some of you know I've been caring for my ex-mum-in-law for the past couple of weeks, following a nasty fall and some major surgery. Consequently my walking routine has been sadly neglected as I'm spending a lot of time driving or sitting with her.

On Sunday however, I was able to get out for a really good walk on the Cotswold Way, just over three hours in total, not too hilly but a few inclines had me puffing a bit ( which does happen with angina). The sun was shining and the views amazing right across the Severn to Wales.

However, my calf muscles ached yesterday and still a little bit today when i first got up. Just confirms that if you dont use it, you lose it !!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies
oldestnewest

Looks like it was a beautiful day and views

A good tonic after all your caring and kindness

1 like

Oh what beautiful pictures, Ellie! The whole walk must have been spectacular! Lucky you! :)

Do some stretching for your aching calves and I hope it's not too long before you're able to get out there again :)

1 like

Lovely pictures, elliebath - and I hope your aching calves are restored and feeling much better very soon! :-)

1 like

What a nice person you are an ex mum in law too💐

It's so hard to get you time when caring for someone who can't move very much so enjoy every minute you get and the views look amazing.

Time for the radox I think👍

1 like

Lovely photographs elliebath I bet you really enjoyed getting out there.

1 like

Make sure you stretch well.before you hike and even after 😊

Epsom salt in a warm bath will help the aches love the pictures!

1 like

Thanks, fortunately I did recover ok but will remember for another time.

You may also like...