vlcd plan .. (600)

Hi guys

i started my 600 calories plan diet on the 6th of septembre . i weight 90kg which is the heavier i ve been .. even pregnant i wasnt that heavy .My partner and i where out for lunch one afternoon just before the kids went back to school, we meet an old acquaintance.. the first thing she said was Omgosh u got fat .. i was well happyness make you stop looking after your waistline .. i was so upset but didnt want to show it .. so thru the all meal i was that woman is twice my size and i would never be so abrupt and say such a thing .. well got home .. book an appointment . My Gp put me on orlistat but it wasnt for me as my diet was fatty enough.. So research for a bit and decided to give this diet a go ..

As i was saying , i started at 90 kg for 5.3 height which is too much .. i exercice so i m toned ..5 days into the diet i weight 86.5 . i know the first week you lose water. but still the scale is going i. the right direction .. .. i

i will try to updated you guys with weekly updates and maybe i can get and offer my support from poeple who are struggling

take care

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

12 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi and welcome wanderer74

I'm sorry that you were subjected to someone being really mean to you about your weight gain. I think it's awful that somebody thinks they have the right to be so rude and nasty! :(

I started my weight loss journey weighing about the same as you - you are slightly taller than me (I am 4ft 9"), but I do worry that you appear to only be eating 600 calories a day?

I am wondering who told you to eat this few calories and is there a number of weeks that you're going to do this for?

Cutting calories drastically like this isn't going to be sustainable in the long term. You'll be feeling hungry all the time and quite possibly your body will eventually enter "starvation mode".

This means the body becomes super efficient at making the most of the calories it does get from food and drink. The main way it does this is to protect its fat stores and instead use lean tissue or muscle to provide it with some of the calories it needs to keep functioning. This directly leads to a loss of muscle, which in turn lowers metabolic rate so that the body needs fewer calories to keep ticking over and weight loss slows down.

Of course, this is the perfect solution if you're in a famine situation. But if you're trying to lose weight, it's going to do little to help you shift those unwanted pounds.

When we're bombarded with images of gorgeous celebrities who seem to lose weight in the time it takes us to eat a Danish pastry, it's no wonder we're often tempted to cut our already low calorie intakes in an effort to shift an extra pound or two each week.

But surprisingly, rather than helping us to reach our target weight more quickly, severely restricting calories actually prevents our bodies from burning unwanted fat stores effectively - and unfortunately, this means that weight loss slows down.

I'd urge you to increase your calories to at least double what you are having at the moment - you need to lose weight in a way that is sustainable. It will take longer, but it's a far healthier way to lose weight - and more importantly, keep the weight off.

• hiya Pineapple27

Well there is horrible and rude poeple on the planet . but thank you .. i doing this diet plan normaly for 12 weeks nut my gp think i dont need to do it for that long .. it consist to 3 shakes and 2 littres of water a day and light exercice .. i use to go gym nearly everyday but i m a foster carer so i have less time now .. i do go for my jog and gym 3 times a week .. i want be doing it for ever it is just to help me with a kick in the back side .. i will swap with a no carb diet and up my calories at week 3 .. 2 days shy of week one to finish . i will keep u updated if u like .. thank ypu for the info and the concerns 😊

• It sounds as though you are doing this under supervision from your GP then?

The good news is that exercise isn't necessary at all to lose weight - Ive done very little in the way of exercise, because I'm unable to (I have a physical disability and use a wheelchair outside of the house).

I hope this works for you, but I'm afraid I couldn't do meal replacements :( I like my food too much :D :D

• Hello again wanderer74

Do you have a lot of weight to lose?

VLCD are generally only administered for people who are obese, and hopefully by a professionally trained counsellor. I have completed a course of VLCD in the past, so I am fully aware of the benefits and routine along with the need of guidance from a fully trained VCLD councillor who should see you weekly to begin with and then fortnightly as a minimum.

We are interested in your progress as long as it is done healthily, and you said in your intro post that you will see your GP, which suggests that whoever is helping you is doing so without your doctors consent. As you say you are already on this programme and have lost weight.

We do not promote any diet plan over any other on here, each person has their choices, but we do promote the need to be healthy and balanced.

Wishing you success with your weight loss journey...

• hi again Minniewinny

i m now 86.5 and i m 5.3 my bmi was 31 which is bad in my eyes .. The gp did put me on orlistat but wasnt for me .

went to see the dr again and we decided to go on a low carb with weekly weight in and check up with the nurse

Do you think is too drasric ? should i up my calories ?

So far i m okay and i have now problem with it .. just a bit of a heartache the firat couple of days.. now i m just felling like it is achievable .

• Hi wanderer74 My BMI was a little higher than yours when I started here, but I found it a lot easier, more sustainable and a lot more enjoyable to eat more calories, using the BMI Calculator to work out what I needed. I have had a lot of fun eating lots of tasty meals, and have learnt loads about how to put great foods together. And I have lost 4 stone and have a healthy BMI, and would highly recommend eating more to lose more.

Personally, I find the thought of only being allowed 600 calories a day, and drinking shakes, a bit off-putting. 🙂

• I used to have 2 days @ 500 calories when I was doing 5:2 Fasting, but it was fairly hard core! After a while, that stopped working for me in terms of weight loss..... :(

• i m french / algerian .. i fast for 30 days durin ramadan and we eat when sun down .. so i have a load of wheel ppwer .. but i dont want to damage my heath .. i cant weight to speak to my dr/ nurse

• hiya .. thank ypu for your advice .. they actually taste like the mac donalds one as i had loads of ice in when i blend it ..

i will probably had a meal a day . i m saying the nurse on the 12 th so i will see what i need to do next .

• Gosh, when I started, my BMI was 42.4!

Now, it's 29.7.

But I'm unlikely to be able to go by regular BMI charts as I am short because of my disability rather than because of genetics.

• The side effects can range from headaches, temporary hair loss, bad breath and if you don't follow it correctly and have enough water and consent and guidance from your GP more serious longer lasting effects, hence the need of a professional councillor to work with you and the need of your GP's consent.

The 12 week plan is safer, slower and teaches you to plan your food choices and portions for the rest of your life and the support on here is awesome.

I am not looking to change your chosen weight loss choices, but as I've done VLCD I am very aware of the process and effects and most importantly the need to keep safe.

• thank you minniewinny . i will see on the 12 th if i can get to do that instead ..

You may also like...