I want to be healthier and slimmer by the time I'm 50, I've struggled a lot over the last 10 years & want to head into the latter years fit

I'm not sure what to expect from this, likr so many others, I've done all the fad diets and joined all the slimming club's, I need to do this now, I've made enough excuses. I struggle with with consistency and b3ing organized and I'm also not great at cooking and preparing meals, I work long hours and can't be bothered when I get home but I guess something's got to change. Wish me luck 😊

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

10 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi and welcome, clare :)

Take a look at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), or in the drop down on the 'Posts' page (it says 'arrange by'). Read the Welcome Newbie thread, then move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you.

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news.

Take a look at the NHS 12 week plan, as a lot of people have been successful with it, making sure to enter your details into the BMI calculator, to get a calorie allowance tailored to your personal requirements. Don't forget to take your starting measurements and a 'before' picture, as they can be very motivating on days that the scales refuse to co-operate.

We run a weigh-in every day of the week and you'd be very welcome to join one of them. The threads can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the HOME page, bottom on a mobile.

We also run a Daily Diary, where we share our meal and exercise plans for the day. It's a great place to get ideas and to keep us focused. The link can also be found in Events.

Be aware, that the HU app doesn't give you access to all of our important features, so we advise that you use the full website page.

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too.

It's only left for me to wish you well on your journey :)

• Hi Ptfeclare ,

You have come to the right place, there is so much information on here. Read as many posts as you can as I have learnt so much that way.

Good luck

Debs

• Hi Clare! :)

I would like to suggest the freezer as a useful appliance. You can batch cook stuff on your days off, divide it into portions, and then freeze. You then have a tasty meal that just needs to go in the microwave when needed.

Good luck!

• Yes that's a good idea. Is there somewhere on this site that has recipe and meal ideas already calorie counted? Can I make things for the whole family?

• If you look at the topics on the right side of the screen, one of them is recipes.

I don't make different things for everybody, I just make sure I know what a portion is (scales are really useful) and only serve myself one portion. And of course, eating more healthy food isn't going to hurt the rest of my family. ;)

• Hi I cannot find the recipes on the right hand side if the screen, I'm using my phone as i don't have a computer atm, is it laid out differently on a phone?

• I understand that not all the features show up on a phone, however as I don't have a smartphone I access the site on a laptop. Maybe one of the admin types can help, moreless or YellowRose55 ?

• If you're using the HU app, it doesn't give access to Topics, pinned posts and events. These can only be found using the full website page.

When using a mobile, click on 'Topics' at the top of your screen, then scroll right down to the bottom.

I hope this helps Ptfeclare :)

• Have a look at pinchofnom.com, I've only been told about it today but looks interesting.

• I find this forum helps me mentally. Like you I'm so busy with work and cooking is not my specialty but I've found by being part of this group I've made small changes that have led to big changes in my health. The more I read and talk about health the more I'm conscious about moving more and eating less. Good luck

You may also like...