Dinner tonight :-)

Dinner tonight :-)

Hi everyone,

Another chicken meal tonight for me, with some mixed roasted veggies (swede, butternut squash, broccoli, courgettes, and red onions) all roasted in olive oil and a couple of thin slices of haloumi cheese on top for added flavour. Delicious.

However, I'd like to vary my meals a bit this week, so looking for ideas - would love to hear what you've had for your evening meal, or what you're planning to have. Great to get ideas.

Zest :-)

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

28 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Looks yummy :)

I'm in the middle of making spicy cauliflower and parsnip soup

• Oooh, your soup sounds gorgeous - I have just bought some parsnips, so that's definitely an idea I could consider. Thank you! :-) I hope you enjoy it. Will you have anything alongside the soup?

• Recipe is thanks to bbc good food. I have high hopes for it :) cauliflower and parsnip are not actually my favourite veggies - I'm thinking the spiceyness will make them more interesting. Will probably have a little bread with it.

bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/297...

• Thanks benwl - that recipe looks great - I love the fact it contains spices and especially the ginger, as I really like the taste of ginger. I'm not sure about 'fennel seeds' though - I am not keen on that flavour, so I think I'll be leaving those out. I will definitely be adding that recipe to my list - and hope to give it a go - thank you! :-)

• Hi zest it looks delicious I love chicken, I'll need to be a bit more adventurous with my veg, I usually stick to cauliflower , broccoli I hope you enjoy the rest of your night Rosie 😊

• Hi Rosie,

Yes, I love chicken too - I'm managing to vary my veggies quite well - and I really like swede - having just discovered how nice it is roasted.

I am hoping to vary my meals more though, as I tend to stick to a staple of about 5 meals - and I'd like to be more adventurous. :-)

Whether I'll manage it or not, I don't know - but I will hope to try at least one new recipe this week - all being well.

I hope you have a lovely evening and good luck for your weigh-in.

• I've never tried roasted swede, I'll have a go at that when I return home.

• That looks tasty Zest. We had lamb, spinach and potato curry tonight, I think it was one of the Hairy Bikers recipes. It is very tasty.

• Hi lucigret,

Thank you, it was tasty. :-) Your meal sounds really delicious! I love curry, and I will look out for your Hairy Biker recipe, as I have some of those recipe books - so hopefully I'll see it in one of them. I will have a good look.

Wishing you an excellent week.

• I'm almost certain it was in The Hairy Dieters book.

• You probably know how much I love roast veg. That plate looks delicious. I hope my dinner looks half as appetising, as I've worked up quite an appetite training ivy across a breeze block wall, didn't realise how late it had got :o We're having stir fry mixed veg tonight with parsnip, carrot, broccoli, green beans and sweet and sour sauce. Not exactly the healthiest meal option but there will be a lot of veg! :)

• Hi Ruth_canal_runner,

Yes, you are like me and enjoy a Rainbow on a plate - lovely roasted veggies. They are great! :-)

Your meal sounds really good - I hope you enjoyed it. Like you say, you've been busy and worked up an appetite.

Wishing you an excellent week.

• I made this tonight (slightly adapted to what I had in the house!) and it was delish!

twopurplefigs.com/spicy-veg...

• Hi Leman

Wow, that looks like such a lovely meal - I am definitely going to be looking at that recipe again - I would love to eat that! :-) Thanks for sharing it. :-)

Wishing you an excellent week ahead.

• Hi Zest,

That looks lovely - love haloumi yummy!

Well my main oven broke 2 days ago, which has been really difficult to manage, but I made this last week healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

• Hi isou7000,

What a lovely photo you've got - you look fantastic. :-) I also love the look of your meal - I have tried Talapia before, and it is such a delicious fish - thanks for reminding me about it. I hope to get some soon. Nice to have some different types of fish.

Sorry to hear your main oven has broken, and I hope you can get that fixed really soon, and that you manage in the meantime.

Wishing you a good week ahead.

• Thank you so much! Have a lovely week too 💕

• Venison steak with a slice of Roquefort melted on top. Roasted carrots and baby new potatoes with skin on, sprinkled with sea salt and beetroot and onion cooked in balsamic vinegar. Super tasty and within calories.

• Hi Marie2068,

Your meal sounds delicious! :-) I particularly like the sound of your beetroot and onion cooked in balsamic vinegar - really sounds tasty. :-)

Wishing you an excellent week ahead.

• It's easy to do. Sauté some thinly sliced onions in a little oil (I use coconut or dripping if I've made some as I find it's good for my joints) once browned add chopped cooked beetroot cook for a further 3-4 mins. Add tablespoon balsamic vinegar and teaspoon fresh thyme and cook for a further 2 mins......hey presto. Goes great with any red meat and BBQ 🙂 I Also like mushrooms and onions in balsamic cooked the same way.

• Thanks Marie2068, this looks really good. :-)

• Hi Zest, your dinner looks mouth watering, I cook all my food from scratch so that I know what its in it!!! If you like a nice lamb curry, I can give you a really nice one that you don't add any butter or oil to, you can have it with rice, again cooked with no fat. Let me know and I will send to you. :)

• Hi Anita44,

Yes, I would love to have your recipe for the Lamb Curry - I really like to try out new recipes - and that one sounds interesting.

• Hi Zest,

Is there anyway I can send you the recipe as I have it typed up lol, let me know if I can forward to you by email or other means. ;)

• Hi, I have copied and pasted :)

Mutton Lamb Curry

1 kilo mutton lamb (leg or shoulder, cut into medium pieces) – if you use less lamb cut the onion quantity accordingly

4 onions – large – chopped into big chunks

Good chunk of ginger - chopped

Few cloves garlic - chopped

Chillies to taste - chopped

1 tin tomatoes

Salt to taste

Tumeric to colour

Garam masala to taste

Water

Wash lamb put into big saucepan, add onions, ginger, garlic, chillies, tomatoe tin, salt and turmeric and bring to boil, when water comes out in about 10 mins lower the heat and simmer for about 1hr 30ins or until onions dissolved, then add garam masala and mix then add water to how thick or thin you want sauce, boil a little bit more check if lamb cooked by breaking it then take off heat.

• Oh that's great Anita44 - that way lots of people can benefit from your recipe - thank you so much! :-) It looks delicious. I love the fact it has plenty of spices in it.

• I would tuck in to this happily Zest , it looks delicious.

We had salmon and steamed broccoli, green beans, sugar snap peas, leeks with Greek yogurt and frozen berries to follow. I mix together and it's almost like icecream. :)

• Hi jopo,

Thank you! :-)

Your meal sounds great! I think your dessert sounds really good too - I must try that - healthy, cooling and delicious. Lovely combination.

Wishing you a great week.

You may also like...