Newbie on here Learner Plates on Help

I am new here and I've got my learner plates on. I am on week 4

My starting weight March 3rd 10stone 11

Today I am 10 stone 5lbs

Can I get a newbie badge and reward stars along the way. I think it would motivate me.

I'm consuming around 1000 cals per day as when I eat more I just can't seem to shift the weight.

If anyone can point me in the right direction where to weigh in and get a newbie badge although I've been on the diet 4 weeks. I want to get my BMI in the healthy range. I am 5ft 2 now 10st 5 and 55 years old. With thanks 😊

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

17 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Hi and welcome, Lynne :)

You have your badge and I'm concerned that you're only eating 1000 calories, so I'll give you this to have a look at

healthunlocked.com/nhsweigh...

Take a look at the Pinned posts section to the right of your screen (bottom if you're using a mobile), read the Welcome Newbie thread, then move through to the challenges, where we hope you'll find at least one that will appeal to you.

Move down to the Topics, to find a variety of threads, collated into specific topics for ease of access and we ask that you also 'file' your own threads, so that others won't miss your important news.

Take a look at the 12 week plan, as a lot of people have been successful with it, making sure to enter your details into the BMI calculator, to get a calorie allowance tailored to your personal requirements. Don't forget to take your starting measurements and a 'before' picture, as they can be very motivating on days that the scales refuse to co-operate.

We run daily weigh-in's and you'd be very welcome to join us. The threads can always be found in the Events section, to the right of the home page, bottom on a mobile.

We've found that to get the best out of this community, we need to be active on the forum, as it's where we exchange information, get motivation and inspiration and make friends. We hope that you'll join us here, regularly, too.

It's only left for me to wish you well on your journey :)

• Hi

Thank you for making me feel so welcome and the information which is great. I will find my BMI etc and see how many cals I need. Thank you

• I have just taken a look at the calculators

I am 26.5 BMI overweight range

It says I have 1 stone 12 pounds to get in healthy range.

It states calories 1291 to 1659

I am confused is the above cals to diet and lose weight or maintain.

I am eating 1000 cals and losing between either one to two pounds a week.

What amount of cals should I be eating. I work in a sedate job and only do general housework activities and a little walking.

I'd appreciate your help. I will stay focuses and I do now eat really healthy five a day etc but with little carbs other than a jacket potatoe or one slice of bread per day. I eat fish often and the odd steak. I also eat fruit regular and cheese oatcakes at 39 cals with a soup etc for lunch.

Advice appreciated. I've lost Wright many times but never keep it off.

Today my liver results show normal yippee.

Thank you.

• If you eat too few calories, your body adjusts to that amount, so you have to stay on a low amount to maintain. My advice is to eat as many calories as you can, while still losing weight. Try 1500 and see how you get on, it normally takes a bit of juggling at the beginning, to get the level right.

If you can cook from scratch and avoid processed foods, you'll avoid the hidden ingredients, like sugar, which threaten to scupper our weight loss plans. The same with "low-fat" foods, which often have sugar added to make them palatable.

Natural fats are essential for health and are also satiating, so you'll avoid the horrible hunger pangs.

Great news about your liver! I'm delighted for you :)

• Thank you very much. I appreciate your help. I find I have different levels of hunger each day. I'm trying not to give in to temptation, I added an extra oatcake and a soup this evening. I will try and find the level you mentioned. Thank you that is very helpful.

• I am on iPad and looking to the right of my screen and I can't find the events section for where to weigh in. I am missing something and it's probably staring me in the face but I'd love yo join the daily weigh ins but I just can't find where to weigh in and I fo not want to do it in the wrong area. Do I just post the weigh ins here. Thank you 😊

• Always click on "Home" first (at the top of your screen), then you'll see Events, on the right of your screen :)

• Thank you so much. πŸ‘πŸΏ

• Hi LittleLynne, welcome to the forum. I see you have been welcomed by moreless and she has give you loads of advice. It's always worth listening to what she has to say:)

You will find many of us on here have lost weight before and put it back on. I now understand that it is better to loose it slowly if you want it to stay away. I wish you lots of luck on our journey. Whenever you need help just post:)

• Thank you, yes everyone has been very supportive. If I could have a few more calories it would be great. I'm going to try and find a level by adding a few more.

• To the right of my screen I can see Topics, pinned posts, related posts but I am unable to find EVENTS to weigh in. Help

• Thank you. I think I've found it. Very kind of you 😊

• Hi LittleLynne welcome to the forum, did you click on home in the section above your original question on the left where the roses are first. This is when events section is on the right and the weigh in is the only one to see in it too.

• Well done LittleLynne. You're doing amazingly. 1 more lb and you will get your 7lb badge. Yeah.

• Thank you. This is a great motivator. πŸ˜€

• To get really comfortably into the healthy weight range (using BMI), I have lost 5 stone - and it has taken me years. However someone this week mentioned I did not look like someone who had lost a lot of weight, presumably I do not look too "saggy" (but they haven't seen me in a swimsuit!).

When I started this final attempt at losing weight I was already over 60 and, as a woman, I accepted that my recommended maintenance number of calories would be1940. I then aimed for 1500 as a target maximum (and 1200 as minimum) but did not worry if, on average, my intake fell between 1500 and 1940. What I didn't worry about was if I occasionally went over 1940 because if you do think all is lost if you go over 1940 you lose heart and give up.

My way won't suit everyone but it is what eventually did for me. (When I was in my 20s, a quick crash to 1000 cals would work from time to time.)

My task now is to stop losing weight (my doctor told me to stop a few months ago but I have continued and would like to lose another final 7 lb to get to about 22 BMI).

• Wow that's an amazing weight loss, very inspiring and well done

You may also like...