Fixes that after-dinner sweet craving EVERY day and SOOOOO good

I am sure we have all heard about this one but thought I'd remind people.

About a month ago I finally decided to try the blended frozen banana trick and whipped up a few frozen bananas in the blender. You need to freeze peeled ripe or slightly over ripe bananas for this. I hate to admit this but the first time I did it, I did not peel them. Chipping banana skin off a frozen banana ain't easy! :P

OMG thats good I thought! And I could only really eat about one bananas worth. Its really filling and one of those foods that are so rich you have to eat it a teaspoon at a time. Seriously.

Added a tbsp of peanut butter, about a 1/4 cup plain low fat yoghurt (I don't really measure) and a teaspoon of honey for each banana. Nirvana. Better than any old boring ice cream any day.

Replaced the peanut butter with passion fruit and hello Bahamas! :) And its lower calories than the peanut butter

This simple treat is so good, so filling and REALLY helps me through those evenings where you want something sweet - I have it pretty much every day and make up a few days worth at a time.

If you have not had this before you may think I am exaggerating but this really is delicious. And healthy!

Last edited by
Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Weight Loss Plan

Join over 40,000 others on our 12-week diet and exercise plan. Keep motivated to develop healthier eating habits & get more active.

Get Started!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

31 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Dave - that sounds absolutely DELICIOUS!!!! :-) Yum!!! :-)

• And so easy to make. Silky smooth icecreamy banana ... so good!

And hello Lowcal/Zest :) SO nice to see a familiar face.

• I am thrilled that you're back, you have been missed! :-)

• It certainly sounds delicious, Dave, thanks for sharing :)

Would you mind "filing it" in the Recipes/Meals/Snacks Topic, please, so that we can all find the recipe easily :)

When you edit your post, click on Add Topic, then choose the one that I've named.

• Done :)

• Thank you! :D

• Oh that sounds delicious....especially with added peanut butter! I freeze sliced bananas for smoothies as I don't like wasting them...will give this a try. We all love a healthier pudding!

• That does sound nice i like bananas and get a bit tired of having them as they are so i think i will give this ago. Thank you.

• Wow that sounds fantastic... defo one to try... thank you..

• Interesting stuff, currently into kind bars, loving all those nuts!

• Sounds yummy ๐Ÿ˜Š I'd forgotten about it, but it's perfect for the summer days to come ๐Ÿ˜Š

• That sounds yummy, I have some crunchy hazelnut butter that would go great with this, going to freeze my one lonely banana that's sitting in the fruit bowl looking a bit too brown and try it tomorrow!

• Mmmmm - definitely going to give this a go! Thanks Dave1961 ๐Ÿ‘

• That sounds delicious! What do you do with the spares when you've prepared a batch?

• I usually use 4 bananas and divide into 3. One for me now and I freeze 2 portions in small Tupperware containers. I usually take them out of the freezer as I sit down for dinner so they are soft serve delicious when I am ready for them :)_

• Thanks Dave - I'll give it a try :)

• Will be trying it, it sound delicious

• That sounds LUSH. I have just put a banana in the freezer! Have you tried Alpro almond yogurt, banana, honey and a few toasted almonds? One of my current faves for the ice-cream maker. I like your suggestion as its good for just a one-person treat, rather than getting the icecream maker out.

• It IS lush believe me. I usually make 3 or 4 portions at a time and freeze them separately.

• I made some at lunchtime today! Top banana!! Thanks

• Sounds so yummy, and I was looking into healthier puds just recently, so thanks for sharing!

• Ooo, now I have some no added salt peanut butter we get in for my son, will definitely try this. I have to admit to myself that I have a sweet tooth and can definitely get carried away, so low cal/no added sugar pud is what I need to focus on.

• Sounds lush! I am going to try this, thanks, xx

• I just had my first banana "ice cream" and that was gorgeous! But I had to wait for the banana to thaw a bit and add a splash of milk because my hand blender couldn't cope. What blenders are other people using ?

• I burnt out my blender yesterday doing this so off to the store to get a new one I am afraid. Short bursts and patience would be my advice,. The yoghurt definitely helps and perhaps hand mix in the peanut butter at the end.

• Oh dear sorry about your blender! I think next time I'll get the banana out of the freezer half an hour before I want it ๐Ÿ˜€

• All good - I had a little stick blender thing. Now I have a "real" blender its dead easy :)

• Lovely! I've been having a look at blenders glad to know they can cope with the frozen banana ๐Ÿ˜€

• This sounds a lovely healthy pudding but I think I will be blending the bananas prior to freezing and then popping it in the freezer If I use 4 bananas it will be separated into 4 wee pots so Im in control Thank you Dave for the idea

• I did a similar thing, chipped banana (not frozen) with handful of frozen raspberries and a touch of stevia, made a sorbet like dessert ๐Ÿ˜Š Very yummy.

(I got the idea from a TV chefs 'noisy ice cream' made using cream and frozen berries)

Thank you Dave1961 ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Adding unsweetened cocoa powder gives you banana chocolate ice cream - even more yumminess!

You may also like...