It's weekend again, hope you are relaxing. Just want to share a bit about my weight loss journey this week, so the result is ok, I lost 0.5 kilo, which for some people is how much weight fluctuates between morning and eventing, so not a big number, but within the range. But I really struggled this week. So these are things I struggled most:
1. Finding time f o r strength and flexibility training, which I hoped would help my back pain, as predicted, I didn't have time for it given my already busy life.
2. Counting calories and cooking from scratch. I'm a good cook, and kind of lucky in the sense I don't like most of the junk food, always prefer real food. From quite young age I decided not to bake, cause I'm the kind of person wants to bake my cake and eat it, knowing how much sugar, butter and other high calories ingredients going into a cake, I decided not invest my time on baking. Even so, this journey has been an eye opener for me, with all the good suggestions from you, I just started to get a bit better on cooking low calorie tasty meals. Weighing my food is great for my portion control. The harsh truth is, no matter how healthy your food is, you eat too much you still put on weight.
3. I call it unconscious eating. One night I was so tired and didn't have a meal plan, so I made myself a quick noodle dish and kept eating in front of tv, the result was I ate too much and so stuffed, and had no idea how I end up eating so much.
If there was anything positive about my week, it was exercise. I exercised 5 times this week, 30-50minutes brisk walking or swimming. (And water intake of course, I've been good on that one:))
I'm aware that you learn most when you're struggling, failures can make you start again more intelligently.
So here is my plan for next week
1. Keep to my 150s minutes aerobic a week, but within 3 days, have 3days for strentghth and flexibility training
2. Cook simple low calorie meals, batch cooking so it's manageable
3. Stop eating in front of tv any more( have herbal tea when watch tv), I'll start mindful eating (except when eating out of course) and chew more.
Wish everyone a great week ahead!