Hope you've been enjoying your weekend! As usual, I've been busy. I have a good result to report, second week weight loss: 0.9 kg:). Better than I expected, l have to admit I did wonder whether I had done enough to achieve my target weight loss. So what I have done right this week
1. My water intake has been good, out of 6 days, I have 5 days reached my target, 1.2 liter a day, some time 1.5 L. To make it more interesting, I drink water with a slice of lemon. Herbal tea is my friend, too. At the moment, I like Australian red bush tea. I cope with those cold winter nights by having warm tea (no sugar, just a bit milk) and a hot water bottle:).
2. Thanks to this forum, all of you, I think I have become a bit more informed and conscious about cooking methods, counting calories and making healthier choices. I now definitely steam more, bake more, and stir fry less. When I do fry, I use a table spoon to limit the amount of oil I put in there, so I don't put too much oil in it ( I used to always put too much oil for stir fry).
I was also a bit shocked to learn that 1/2 of my pepperoni pizza has 422 kcal! I mean, I should expect it right? While always read food labels to avoid unnecessary additives, I didn't really pay attention to my food's calories till recently. I used to eat a whole super market pizza, which is just the convenience I need when I don't have time to cook dinner ( i already cook dinner most nights). I certainly still need to give myself a break from cooking sometimes, but I won't have a whole pizza that's for sure.
Things I have struggled with
1. Fruit and veggie intake. Until I have things written down, I wasn't aware that I actually take less fruit and veggie that I need. out of 6 days, only 2 days I reached my 5 a day target. I'll definitely stick to the advice of 2 portions of veggie on dinner plate next week!
2. Exercise. To be honest, I am not a sporty person. I can be competitive, but I am not naturally sporty. If anything I have learnt over the years, it is to pick the activity I enjoy, so it'll last. I don't like running or jogging. I love the scene people out jogging in the morning, feel so positive about it, but I know myself is not a runner or jogger.
I actually like going to gym but I don't have time to fit regular gym workout in my busy life at the moment. So brisk walking is my thing at the moment. I planned to walk my son to nursery, but with the snow and road condition I had to abandon buggy walk for car. So I came up with an alternative plan, snowball fight with my son:). I'm glad I've done 120 minutes of moderate exercise so far this week (more swimming tomorrow). But I am far from being a motivated person when it comes to exercise.
So what's my plan next week:
1. Happy to say I've planned my meals and done my weekly shopping with my son. A lot of healthy choices and wholemeal bread (still a bit too much white carb this week). Things don't always go according to plan I know, but it's better to have a plan than not having one in my opinion.
2. Downloaded strength training podcast, will report how it goes (hard to fit in my already tight schedule but I'll write it down it my diary so I don't make excuses). But I'm looking forward to do more strength and flexibility training to address my back pain issue.
3. Will check your posts about exercise to get inspired and take action!
Good luck to all! Wish you a great week ahead!