Let time work for you

"Patience: If youโ€™re focused and consistent, then let time work for you. Results will come when they come. Focus on the system, not the goal."

Just found this quote online, about writing actually, (referring to James RR Martin) but thought how perfectly it sums up a weight loss journey ๐Ÿ˜Š My wonderful hubby reminds me constantly that I have to enjoy the process, the food and the exercise, and that is more important than the numbers on the scales ๐Ÿ˜Š With weight loss now down to about half a kilo a month it's lucky I'm not in a rush!!! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Onwards and downwards lovely people ๐Ÿ˜Š

14 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • I couldn't agree more Anna :)

Funnily enough, I was musing over the very same thoughts, as I was running this morning and realised just how easily I move my goalposts to accommodate what's happening in real time.

When I first started on my journey, it was all about the endgame, but as time has passed, I realise that the endgame has become less and less important, as has a number on the scales.

I'm definitely more focused on the life I'm living and enjoying doing things now, rather than delaying things for the day that I'm "slim".

If weight loss happens now, it's an extra bonus, not the be-all-and-end-all, it used to be :)

• How lovely, I see the energy, how 'light' I seem on my feet , and when I start slipping I remind myself not to forgo those things again.

In fact since losing my parents in a May, I'm more determined to make the best of everything.

• Exactly Diana, life is far too short to waste :)

• Really good quote Anna61. I think some times we all forget that our weight issue didn't happen over night and it's not going to go away over night or with any quick fix either.

I personally am enjoying the weight loss journey and learning lots about me along the way. I have discovered I love my exercise routine that I've put into place, long walk each morning, followed by 25 minutes on the exercise bike every day and then another walk in the afternoon by which time I'm normally hitting my 10,000 step goal. Portion control is another thing I have learned.

When we start this weight loss journey I think your right it's patients we all need and the key to success.

• Well done YellowRose55, you sound great and enjoying life, love it ๐Ÿ‘. I've been away for 9 days and walked around 10,000 steps every day and weigh the same as when I went away, so pleased with myself.

• Thanks, Well done Cockneyblue on your steps your doing great too.

• Hi Anna,

What a lovely post, very timely, I'm going to pinch it and put it on my fridge for times when I wobble !!

Enjoy your day

๐Ÿ˜‡

• What a lovely quote Anna ๐Ÿ‘ I have been at a standstill a few weeks recently and normally I would have given up but now I get annoyed and look for reasons to change the problem, researching what might help, what won't etc.

After all nothing in life worth having ever comes easy and I am learning so many new things by being on the forum I never knew before.

I just wish this site/the internet had been around 30 years ago when I started needing help and was plonking the weight on as my life would have been so much better and so would my health.

Hope you have a lovely day and you are treating yourself to a few nice days out while you recuperate.๐Ÿ˜Š

Bev

• This is a great positive post. Half a kilo is fine. Enjoying life is wonderful. Well done Anna61 ๐Ÿ‘

• Double like!!

• Triple like๐Ÿ˜˜

• So true. I believe until we accept that , we run the risk of the journey leading to obsession. At the start I was the same as moreless , impatient and self critical if I failed to lose or if I gained even an ounce. It made me miserable . Now an adverse result just means I'm a little more careful but it doesn't prey on my mind.

• That's good to hear ๐Ÿ˜Š I am a little obsessive, but more in regards to eating healthily so my body heals and I get fitter ๐Ÿ˜Š

But I am definitely more pragmatic about the scales ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

• Great quote - so true!

You may also like...