Here I go again

Well here I am again about to start another weight loss journey, after reading some of the acheivments and comments posted by others I'm feeling confident about starting this journey and learning from other people and hopefully by the end of this year I will be about a stone and a half lighter ( that's loosing a pound a week which I feel is acheivable) so I'm ready to begin and look forward to reading people's tips for healthy meals and exercise

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Hi Duck-feet,

Welcome to the NHS weight loss forum, and I hope you'll enjoy being part of this community. I'd recommend having a read of our Welcome Newbie post - see the Pinned posts area (top right-hand-side of the homepage) an it's there.

We have a Monday group weigh-in tomorrow morning, which will go on all day, so please join us if you like the idea of a weekly weigh-in.

If you click on 'view more' in the Pinned posts then you will find our Recipe collation post, which is worth looking at for some recipe and meal ideas.

Have a great week.

Lowcal :-)

• Thanks I'll take a look at the recipes and get some ideas 🙋🏼

• Good luck! I'm about to finish my first week. Official weigh in tomorrow, Monday. I know exactly what you mean, " here I am again!" Maybe we could try and keep each other motivated?

• Hi hope u were happy when u got on the scales today, I think it's a great idea to keep one another motivated cos sometimes that's wot u need

• Hi, yes 3 lbs is a good start, although I'm always looking for the quick fix! Just have to realise there are no short cuts, and, because I'm not really on a diet, just healthy eating, I shouldn't get hungry! I'm still checking calories though. Good luck for this week.

• Welcome and good luck with your weight loss journey lots of help and advice here should you need it. 😊

• Thanks for the support I'm really looking forward to getting started I feel I'm ready to start again 👍🏻

• Hi Duck-feet and welcome! everyone on this forum has given me great tips and I really like posting and reading here. it is like weight watchers only free! it is working for me when I work it right and it is a wonderful new way of living. I feel better than I have in years and I have only lost 16 pounds. ( I am from Texas so I am not sure how many stone that is, I think 1 ) anyway, it is a new way of living that I am enjoying. I am liking trying new veggies and looking at the scale once a week to see that I have not gained any weight or at least lost a pound or two. as far as exercise goes, so far walking seems to be the best way to start, at least for me as I am too chubby to do much more. but it is good and I like it. it is way hot here in Texas ( 104 today ) so on a suggestion I got from this forum, I use the mall to walk or walk in place at home under the air conditioner. I also have a stationary bike I need to use. just as long as you move you are all good. I am working my way up to 30 minutes a day, to start with I can only do about 15 minutes of steady walking getting my heart rate up. it is something I talked to my doctor about before I started and she was all for it. I am morbidly obese so I felt like I should talk to her before I did anything radical, but this new lifestyle is hardly radical. it is just a nice new way of learning to eat and I am really liking it. good luck to you!

• Thanks for your encouragement, and well done on losing 16 pounds (1 stone 2 pound) that is a fantastic achievement, and you say your exercising 15 minutes a day which again is great it's all about small changes (so people keep telling me) I will have a walk later I like walking so it's not much of a chore to me I don't fancy joining a gym I'll just walk and maybe start cycling anyway keep up the good work

You may also like...